If you’re in the market for a new treadmill you’ll soon find out that their’s quite a few to choose from. In your mind you know what you want and I bet you also have a very good idea on where to look too. But do you know what is the best treadmill to buy? I’ve searched the internet and with my experience in sport and fitness, I struggled to point my finger at the best make and model to suit my needs.
What Is The Best Treadmill To Buy.
The process of finding a new treadmill should be easier than it is. The basics is that a treadmill is a piece of equipment that simulates running outdoors. It comprises of a moving platform, a motor, belts, pulleys and a digital display. It’s not really complicated, so why do we make it so? Well we look for a model that will fit in with our own life style and space.
This in its self causes problems, because before we have got to the reliability of the machine we start looking at the size. Yes size matters but is this the way to find the best home treadmill, I’m not sure it is.
I would start with researching its reliability, which hopefully will be backed by a great warranty. Once I have managed to establish this then I would take a look at the cost. This needs to fit into my budget with hopefully a little change left. I would see this as a great deal.
Try To See The Forest Through The Trees.
There’s so many makes and models to choose from and to end up with the best home treadmill you need a plan. Don’t get caught up with science, work on the simple things first.
JLL T350 Digital Folding Treadmill.
Buy from Amazon £399.99. FREE DELIVERY.
New Generation Digital Control 4.5HP Motor, 20 Incline Levels,0.3km/h to 18km/h, 20 Programmes, Bluetooth & Speakers, 2-Year Parts & Labor;,5-Year Motor Cover.
A new generation of treadmill that’s smooth in its operation and friendly on the joints. A fold away treadmill Ideal for home use.
- Speed ranges from 0.3 km/h to 18 km/h and Incline ranges from 0 to 20 levels.
- 5-inch LCD monitor displays time, speed, distance, heart-rate and calories, 20 running programs, first 3 programs can be customised, high-powered speakers, Bluetooth enabled with IPod, IPhone, mp3 connectivity and USB interface.
- A 16 Point cushion deck absorption system which is fold-able with built-in wheels.
- Running area size is 121 cm in length and 41 cm in width. Maximum user weight is 120 kg or 18.89 stone.
- Home use only with 2 years parts and labour. 5 Years motor cover and a lifetime guarantee on the frame.
Buy from Amazon. £799.99 (£29.50 DELIVERY)
This model of treadmill is a little more up market in regard to price but it has the quality behind it that makes it worthwhile. It boasts a number of functions, such as Bluetooth, 21 programs and so much more. This mid range running machine is Ideal for anyone and for its value and you might be hard pushed to find another treadmill for a similar price!
- Now with ‘Bluetooth and the perfect running area: 140 x 48cm (1400 x 480mm)
- A fold-able treadmill with cushioned ‘Dual Shock 10-Point Absorption System‘. Quality assurance & zero defect production rates. Branx fitness excels in product quality & reliability.
- Superb 21km/h max speed (13mph)
- 2 Years parts and labour, 5 years warranty on frame and moto., CE/ROHS/EN957 & ISO9001 quality control certified & up to GS standard.
- There may be a delivery surcharge on orders to Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands or Islands including but not limited to Isle of Wight, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Isle of Lewis, & Orkney.
I would like to say at this point whichever you decide to buy at this stage of your hunt would strongly rely up on your personal needs. Both models I have looked at so far have a lot to offer but the prices do vary.
Strength Master TM6070c Treadmill.
My last choice is to take a look at the strength master. This model raises the bar just a little higher. It’s a superb treadmill, complete with all the bells and whistles. A larger screen, USB connectivity, a large running platform a powerful 3hp motor. This model as been marketed for the professional runner.
So what is the best treadmill to buy? There is a saying “You get what you pay for”. But I personally wouldn’t make that saying the deal breaker.
The Best Buy Amazon £1,999.00.
I must admit the strength master treadmill is a good piece of equipment but we’re not really buying its looks. Our aim is to buy a running machine that can handle our training regime. Is easy to use and not cost the earth. Now compared to the JLL T350 and the Branx treadmills, this one does seem like it costs the earth.
But is it worth it? Only you can answer that question. I personally always try to future proof any product I buy, especially if it’s driven by technology.
Statistics – What is the best treadmill to buy.
- High Quality Build, long-lasting 3 HP motor and robotic-ally-welded, all-steel frame is precision-engineered to simulate real-world conditions over miles of use.
- Large colour screen. The 10-inch full-colour screen provides a vivid easy-to-read display with readouts for time, calories and distance.
- Impact absorbing shocks uses multiplex cushioning deck suspension system to absorb impact. Allowing you to walk or run longer with less stress.
- Varied programs, 2 heart rate programs. 1 Customised user program and 12 preset programs allowing you to find a workout just for you.
- Your best workout with a USB port for charging devices. Three-speed cooling fan and smart device rack to boost your workouts.
The most important thing to consider is how your treadmill needs to perform for you. The three models I have reviewed goes from a mediocre price to a professional model, which would be best suited to someone who runs on a regular basis. What is the best treadmill to buy? I hope I have pointed you in the right direction.
Please also remember to get the best experience from your treadmill, you should consider wearing the correct foot wear and clothing too. If you haven’t exercised for a while please consult your doctor before starting your running programme.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope I have guided you on what is the best treadmill to buy is. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.