Our amazing world contains billions, upon billions of foods. Food is our fuel, our bodies needs food for a number of reasons, for instance repairing damaged tissue, supplying us with energy and to help us perform at our best. But what is the best foods to eat and lose weight? With so many types of foods to choose from where do we begin?
Foods To Eat And Lose Weight.
Now this is an easy subject if you start and work with the basics. The basics is this, we all need food, when we eat and what we eat is what will cause us to put on or lose weight. To make this easier to understand I’m going to target a specific body type, mine!
This will allow you to compare your life style with mine, but please remember that my methods and choices of food might not suit you, this is purely a guide.
- ON-THE-GO NUTRITION. Each take-anywhere, ready-to-drink meal contains 20g of plant-based protein, slow-burning carbs from beets, omega-3s and 26 added vitamins and minerals.
- BREAKFAST IN A BOTTLE. The chocolatey, robust drink of your dreams – high-protein breakfast with coffee.
- 20g OF PROTEIN PER BOTTLE. A perfect breakfast replacement, a convenient lunch on hectic days or an after-workout nutritional, high protein shake.
- VITAMINS & MINERALS. With 26 added vitamins and minerals, Soylent delivers the nutrition you want, even when you’re on the go.
- PLANT-BASED, VEGAN FRIENDLY. Non-dairy ingredients include isolated protein from soya. Soylent contains no animal products.
- Supports muscle growth and recovery
- Naturally high in glutamine and leucine
- Contains the maxipro protein blend
- Enriched with whey protein
- V24 Gummies is a delicious weight loss product making weight loss fun. Keeping your hunger cravings at bay to achieve your weight loss goal.
- The delicious strawberry flavoured gummies contain glucomannan which is clinically proven to help with weight loss. It also suppresses appetite and keeps you feeling fuller for longer.
- Glucomannan is the only ingredient that has been recognised by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) for weight loss.
- Completely free from sugar, salt and cholesterol.
- Free UK delivery.
Buy you weight loss aids from Amazon now.
Back To The Basics.
To lose weight and be healthy we need to burn off more calories than we consume! In simple terms eat less and exercise more! This is the basic rule but we can make easy work of this if we know what foods to eat and lose weight. This comes back to our basic need to eat, our very being depends on it.
Now lets take this a little further, we need to consume a healthy balance of Carbohydrates, Protein, Vitamins, Minerals and Fats. This can be found and should be found in foods to eat and lose weight. Missing meals and trying to substitute it for tablets and protein shakes is not healthy and will only cause you problems over time. Remember eat healthy and stay healthy!
Foods Of The Gods!
Let s make a list of foods, drinks and what they can do for us.
- Yam. (Pasta, Potato, Rice, Sweet Potato)
- Milk. (Full, Semi – Skimmed, Skimmed)
- Steak. (Chicken, Beef, Fish, Eggs)
- Broccoli. (Sprouts, Carrots, Cabbage)
- Blue Berries. (Banana, Orange, Apple, Satsuma, Black Berries, Cherries)
My list above consists of first of all what I would eat given the choice and in brackets I have placed alternatives. Now for an explanation.
Are a complex Carbohydrate and an excellent source of B-Complex Vitamins.
See the table below for in depth analysis of nutrients:
Yam. Nutrition value per 100 g.
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||0.17 g||0.5%|
|Dietary Fiber||4.1 g||11%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.314 mg||7%|
|Vitamin C||17.1 mg||28.5%|
|Vitamin A||138 IU||5%|
|Vitamin E||0.35 mg||2%|
|Vitamin K||2.3 µg||2%|
Is a good source of Omega 3 fatty acids, Calcium and Protein. There’s a variety of milk to choose from and the thing to note here is the taste, price and the quality of nutrients it offers.
My choice here would be the full fat version of cows milk, this is because it offers me a better taste. Yes, it’s higher in fat and lower in Calcium than some other types, but I believe choosing the right foods to eat and lose weight. Should be a life style change, otherwise it’ll become unsustainable.
Steak is a good source of Protein, it’s not the only source and Vegetarians and Vegans will have alternatives. I believe a good Steak will be hard to beat, although the other sources on my list are good. But because this post is written with me in mind. For instance Chicken always gets a mention in most diets.
I must confess I love Chicken but I love a good Steak more! This is what a Steak brings to the table:
Amount Per 100 grams1 steak (251 g)100 grams
|Total Fat 19 g 29%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 9 g|
|Cholesterol 78 mg||26%|
|Sodium 58 mg||2%|
|Potassium 279 mg||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 0 g||0%|
|Dietary fiber 0 g||0%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Protein 25 g||50%|
|Vitamin A||0%||Vitamin C||0%|
|Vitamin D||1%||Vitamin B-6||25%|
- High protein bar
- 20 g protein
- Low sugar
- Informed-sport accredited
|This is a good source of Vitamin A and Potassium. Lets have a quick look at its other nutritional values.|
Total Fat 0.4 g 0%
|Saturated fat 0 g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 33 mg||1%|
|Potassium 316 mg||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7 g||2%|
|Dietary fiber 2.6 g||10%|
|Sugar 1.7 g|
|Protein 2.8 g||5%|
|Vitamin A||12%||Vitamin C||148%|
|Vitamin D||0%||Vitamin B-6||10%|
Is a rich source of Vitamin C and boasts having the highest antioxidant of any fruit! They can be enjoyed in Summer or Winter, fresh or frozen. The choice is totally yours.
Blueberries also have amazing health benefits too. They help to protect against chronic illness by fighting inflammation, free radicals, improving blood circulation and protecting our cardiovascular system.
In most cases eating food in the right proportions, can contribute to weight loss or weight control. That being said Blueberries are very low in calories, which makes them ideal for our needs. This fruit is rated high on our list of foods to eat and lose weight.
Total Fat0.3 g 0%
|Saturated fat 0 g||0%|
|Polyunsaturated fat 0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Sodium 1 mg||0%|
|Potassium 77 mg||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14 g||4%|
|Dietary fiber 2.4 g||9%|
|Sugar 10 g|
|Protein 0.7 g||1%|
Vitamin A 1% – Vitamin C 16% – Calcium 0% – Iron 1% – Vitamin D 0% – Vitamin B-6 5% – Vitamin B-12 0% – Magnesium 1%.
We all know that drinking enough water per day is a must, Even though we take it for granted water plays a vital role in our well-being. Water contains no Protein, Vitamins or Minerals, it is purely a substance that our bodies needs. We sweat, we cry and our organs requires water to carry out its daily functions. We are made of water, in fact 60% of our body is water.
So our healthy, weight loss regime requires us to top up regularly. Now there’s plenty of guide lines saying you should drink approximately 2 liters per day, my advice would be to drink when your body tells you to, listen to it and let it lead.
Garlic is among the worlds most healthiest foods, I can honestly say I love the smell of it and in food it’s great but eating raw for me is a no, no! The smell of it comes from every pore.
The benefits really do out weigh the smell, the benefits are:
- Fights Cardiovascular disease.
- Good for inflammation.
- Eases digestion.
Its nutrient benefits are:
In order to lose weight eating the right foods is as important as exercise. So in a nut shell the foods to eat to lose weight is the beginning but not the end. We need regular exercise and lots of it.
I hope you enjoy the post and it helps you to make the best choices for you. If you have any questions please leave them below with any comments you may have and i will reply as soon as possible.